BUT WAIT…THERE’S MORE…
Road Trips for Screen Addicts: Where to go and what to see
Who wouldn’t want to visit the home where Luke Skywalker grew up or walk across the fields like a zombie on The Walking Dead. Take a road trip and bring fiction to real life, while making memories that are sure to last forever!!!
A new set of road trips devised by AttractionTix offers routes for seeing the filming location of fan favorites like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, and Game of Thrones.
Cant get enough of your favorite TV shows and film franchises? Why not take a road trip to see where they were made from Gilmore Girls in the US to The Hobbit in New Zealand.
The options include:
- Downton Abbey, mostly in England, though youll have to travel to Scotland if you want to cover the Christmas special.
- Friends, in New York (including the iconic fountain!).
- Gilmore Girls, from Harvard to Beverley Hills.
- Game of Thrones two different road trips, one in Croatia and one in Ireland.
- Harry Potter, from London to the west coast of Wales (if you can face remembering Dobbys death all over again).
- Star Trek, mostly in California, with sites for fans of all the films, old and new.
- Star Wars, with Tunisia filling in for the part of Tatooine.
- The Hobbit, from the very bottom to the very top of New Zealand.
- The Walking Dead, a shorter journey, through Georgia.
Each journey comes with more than just the route providing the full distance, the journey time, a suggestion on how long to take making the trip, and a recommendation on the best time to travel, each map serves as a complete holiday guide. All you have to do is book the time off (and the hotels, unless you want to sleep in the car).
Of course, for the really adventurous, theres always the option of stringing multiple car trips together.
Managing director, Simon Applebaum commented:
For many fans, seeing where scenes were filmed, particularly iconic ones, like Mos Eisley in Star Wars, or the fountain from Friends, is like being part of the action. We wanted to give everyone a good way to see the best parts of each story it covered more of the world than we were expecting!
So whether youre a Trekkie or a Warsie, want to be a wizard or a member of the Nights Watch, theres a road trip for you. Pick out your next holiday here.