We have news about Marvel, DC, whitewashing, and, yes, Rosemary’s Baby. Continue reading News Bites & Other Cool S%!t: 3/13/14
Just a few news bites today including Game of Thrones, the Flash, and a surprising career choice for Keith Richards. Continue reading News Bites: 3/12/14
It’s all about comic book titans DC and Marvel today.
- DC Comics unveiled their first image of the Flash for their new CW show. It has a somewhat old school feel while still looking functional. Kudos, DC.
- DC Comics also unveiled more about their upcoming FOX show, Gotham. DC is on a roll today. It looks like the show will primarily focus on Commissioner Gordon and his rise through the GPD ranks.
- Of course, Marvel’s got some news too. Lorelei of Asgard appears on tonight’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. along with Lady Sif. Lorelei, for those who don’t know, appears as a villain along with her sister, Amora the Enchantress, in the Thor comics. Does this mean we might see Amora on the small screen or, heaven forbid, the big screen soon?
- Speaking of the big screen, early reviews say Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a phenomenal film. Already getting my Nick Fury cosplay prepared for the premiere!
Anne Rice, Marvel Comics, and Carrie Fisher all have exciting news today.
- Anne Rice announced another sequel in her Vampire Chronicles called, “Prince Lestat.”
- Meanwhile, Marvel Comics has decided to try adding sound to their digital comics. It sounds like a new twist on motion comics to us.
- A Kellogg’s commercial has dropped a major spoiler for the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man 2. If you’re avoiding spoilers, you’ll want to avoid this ad.
- Kevin Feige, Chris Pratt, and James Gunn recently sat down for a Q&A about Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy. There’s not much they haven’t previously discussed, but if you’ve missed some of their past conversations about the film, this is a quick way to catch up.
- Speaking of Marvel, the new Ghost Rider ‘s look is based on Zayn Malik from One Direction. This is not a drill.
- Carrie Fisher may appear in the new Star Wars: VII film after all. I can’t wait!
Game of Thrones returns in less than a month, and new trailers keep hitting the web. Check out this latest one all about “Secrets” with some allusions to the final acts in A Storm of Swords.
Batroc the Leaper makes an appearance in this extended clip from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I can’t wait to see Ed Brubaker’s “Winter Soldier” story arc brought to the silver screen. Only one more month!
ADAM GREEN RETURNS TO MASSACHUSETTS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE ONE FUND BOSTON
Celebrated horror genre filmmaker, television star, and Massachusetts native, Adam Green will return to the Boston-area, from May 28 – 30, 2013, to host a series of events and raise money to help those families most affected by the tragic events that unfolded during the 2013 Boston Marathon.
The Walking Dead, The Official Magazine hits stores on October 23 to coincide with season 3 airing on AMC, with 100-pages of all the latest news, revelations and tips for fans of the television show and the graphic novels.
Attendees of this years New York Comic Con on October 11 we get the chance to be the first to purchase issue #1 with an exclusive NYCC cover by The Walking Dead comic artist Charlie Adlard! This issue is only available to purchase at New York Comic Con at the Titan Entertainment booth #832.
Fans of the show are urged to join The Walking Dead, The Official Magazine on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date with exclusive developments, or visit the magazine website.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty excited about Michonne (portrayed by Danai Gurira) gracing the cover of the first issue!
King Richard’s Faire, New England’s largest and longest-running Renaissance Festival, opens its 2012 season on September 1 and runs through October 21, 2012 on weekends and Monday holidays (Labor Day, Columbus Day). Tucked away on 80 acres of beautiful, enchanted forest off Rt. 58, King Richard’s Faire is a full day of live, interactive entertainment for all ages, including exotic tigers and a rare liger, daring knights jousting on horseback, and eight stages filled with song and dance.
Guests can mingle with royal subjects and performers, and tantalize their taste buds with the Faire’s delicious spit-roasted turkey legs, buttery ears of corn, boules filled with chowder and stew, ringlets of fries, champagne, wine and brew. Shoppers can stroll through the 16th century village filled with the wares of more than 100 unique and talented artisans. At every turn, guests will encounter minstrels, musicians, acrobats, stilt walkers, giant life-size puppets, mud beggars and more special surprises.
Each Saturday, the Faire hosts themed contests at 4 p.m., including a Cleavage Contest (9/8), Vow Renewal Ceremony (9/15); Biker’s Weekend – Royal Ink & Steeds Contest (9/22); Prince & Princess Costume Contest (9/29); Carvershire’s Got Talent Contest (10/6); Beard & Moustache Contest (10/13); Adult Halloween Costume Contest (10/20). See www.kingrichardsfaire.net under “Entertainment” and then “Themed Events” for rules and details.
Tickets are $27 for adults (12+) and $15 for children ages 4-11. Children under 4 are free, and parking is free. Discounts given to groups of 25 adults or more and private parties can be accommodated -reservations for all groups are required by emailing www.facebook.com/TheKingRichardsFaire), on Twitter @KRFaire, and on Pinterest.
Warner Bros. Entertainment will again sponsor the official bag of Comic-Con International: San Diego 2012, the Studio announced today. By joining forces with Comic-Con for the third consecutive year, Warner Bros. will give each fan attending the Con an unforgettable keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention.
Pretty sweet deal, Comic-Con attendees! The Shallow Graves crew wishes we were there to check it all out!