Do You Like Horror?
Do you like horror? Do you also write scripts? Well this is the opportunity for you! Take a look below at what the Eat Crow Horror Scriptwriting Competition has in store below…
ATTENTION HORROR WRITERS: We are seeking short scripts that curdle the blood and strike terror and dread into readers. Send us your best short horror scripts (9-20 pages) for your chance at cash awards, sponsorship packages, and an opportunity to consult with film producers. We are particularly interested in stories told from diverse points of view. Crows do NOT need to be central to or appear in the story.
Awards & Prizes
1st Prize: $500
2nd Prize: $100
3rd Prize: Sponsorship package
Top three finalists will also have the option to consult with active film producers about their script. These consultations can happen live in the Seattle area or via Skype.
Rules & Terms
Send us your short horror script!
1. Scripts should be 9-20 pages in length in standard screenplay format as demonstrated here: https://www.finaldraft.com/mm_media/mm_pdf/How_to_Format_a_Screenplay.pdf
2. Submissions are accepted via FilmFreeway submission process between stated start to stated end date listed on FilmFreeway.
3. There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
4. Any genre of horror is acceptable, though we are particularly interested in stories that represent unsung points of view in horror.
5. Screenplays submitted must be the original work of the author and must not have been sold or produced previously.
6. All deadlines are at 11:59pm PST on the date listed.
7. Writing teams of two or more writers are allowed. One writer will need to submit each script on behalf of the other writers, with consent of the other(s), and all writers must be credited on the title page. Prizes must be split between team members.
8. All fees are non-refundable.
9. Writers from anywhere in the world are eligible; however material submitted must be in English.
10. The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, a third party prior to entering the competition.
11. Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
12. By submitting to the contest you are releasing your script to Eat Crow Films, LLC and its partners, and holding harmless the festival or any affiliates from any claims, expenses, and liabilities, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, copyright, libel, trademark infringement, slander, personal property infringement, etc.