5 Things You May Not Have Known About Superman!
In June 1938, the 1st original comic book series Action Comics #1 was introduced with Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster biggest creation, Superman! It has since become the most valuable comic book of all time, selling on ebay in 2014 for over $3,000,000.00.
Below, are 5 fun facts about Superman, that you may not know…ENJOY!!!
1. “Superman” was originally conceived as a villain! Creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster first introduced a very different, more murderous “Superman” with telepathic powers in their short-lived fanzine Science Fiction: The Advance Guard of Future Civilization.
2. Kryptonite first appeared in the Superman Radio Show! Superman’s well-known weakness also comes in a variety of colors than just the standard green (including red, gold, and blue) and each with a different effect!
3. Superman has a thing for people with the initials L.L. Along with Lois Lane, he also dated Lana Lang, Lyla Lerrol, and Lori Lemaris. Bonus fun fact: Lori was a mermaid!
4. At first, he literally could only leap tall buildings! When Superman first appeared, he couldn’t yet fly. He could only jump and stride long distances. It wasn’t until 1943 that he first officially flew in the comics.
5. The key to the Fortress of Solitude was legit a giant gold key. Superman’s home had a huge door whose giant key was left nearby, as only Superman was strong enough to lift it.
Courtesy of LOOTCRATE